I lead interactive and highly engaging workshops,
by telling stories and playing games!
Each workshop involves visual, auditory, and kinesthetic components,
and is tailored to your goals and outcomes.
“Julie McPherson is a master storyteller! She connects with her audience by weaving leadership and life lessons into the stories she tells. Julie uses stories as a jumping off point for reflection and discussion. Her presentation style captures the imagination of the young people she works with and allows them to consider their own stories. Julie is simply amazing!”
-Theresa Vallez-Kelly, Director of Student Leadership & Activities, Notre Dame High School
“Smart, relatable, and fun, Julie has become a mainstay in our annual training plan. This is the second year that I have participated in one of her Communication Workshops and each time it has left me and my colleagues with a great collection of new communication tools.”
-Jason Pell, Americorps VIP Leader, HandsOn Connect Coordinator
“It has been my pleasure to work with Julie over the past 2 years. She brings an incredible intention and care to her work as a facilitator and continually adapts her interactive approach to fulfill the needs of each group. She brings an energy and genuine joy of life that is refreshing and inspiring.”
-Megan Addison, Education Director, Sound Experience
“Julie engages her audience with information that is constantly applicable to everyday interactions. Her teaching style and behaviors are the ultimate role model of her content. Although Julie’s content will change to engage her specific audience, her inspiring spirit and igniting energy leave a lasting impact. I have been privileged to know Julie as an outdoor guide, co-instructor, teacher and friend. In every role and every moment, Julie is brimming with contagious enthusiasm, positive energy, passion and life that continues to inspire me to bring my genuine self to everything I do.”
-Izzy Zucker, Naturalist, Green Meadows Outdoor School
Workshops I Offer
My workshops hone effective communication and leadership skills. Participants walk away with tools to enhance their one-on-one conversation, group presentation, or conflict resolution skills. I emphasize courage, creativity, and integrity through stories and metaphor.
Expect to stand up, speak, and don your silly pants.
Depending on group size and your goals for your group, these workshops can be linked and layered or stand alone as the foundation of the presentation.
“The Invitation” is about making the first impression, to another person or in front of a group. Individuals will walk away with tools to create an inviting, approachable, genuine, and confident first impression. (1 hour)
“Listening, For Real” emphasizes one on one communication and how to navigate effectively into what the other person is saying. This is a technique that will help you communicate with any person. (1 hour, links well to The Invitation)
“Feedback” is designed to provide the audience with two tools: how to give positive feedback and how to give feedback to change behavior. This workshop can be divided into two sections. (1.5 hours)
Contact me for pricing details.
Referrals from my past clients available upon request.
- May 2017: Storytelling Workshop, High Desert Center, Paonia, CO
- Nov 2016: Americorps Team Communication Workshop, Santa Cruz Volunteer Center, Santa Cruz, CA
- Mar 2016: Green Team Communication Workshop, The Urban School of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Feb 2016: 7th/8th Grade Leadership Summit, Notre Dame High School, Belmont, CA
- Nov 2015: Americorps Team Communication Workshop, Santa Cruz Volunteer Center, Santa Cruz, CA
- Apr-May 2015: 6 Part Communication Basics Series, High Desert Center, Paonia, CO
- Nov 2014: Americorps Volunteer-Infrastructure-Program Communication Workshop, Santa Cruz, CA
- Nov 2014: 7th Grade Leadership Workshop, Notre Dame High School, Belmont, CA
- Oct 2014: Freshman Class Retreat, Notre Dame High School, Belmont, CA
- Aug 2014: Tri-School Leadership Summit, Mercy High School, Burlingame, CA
- Jul 2014: Schooner Adventuress Crew Training, San Juan Islands, WA
- Jul 2014: Leader-in-Training Workshop, Deer Crossing Camp, Loon Lake, CA
- Jun 2014: Friends Outside Communication Workshop, Santa Cruz, CA
- Feb 2014: Americorps Volunteer-Infrastructure-Program Communication Workshop, Santa Cruz, CA
- Jan 2014: Western Regional Outdoor Leadership Conference, UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA
- Oct 2013: Wilderness Guide School Instructor Workshop, Outdoor Adventures, UC Davis, Davis, CA
- Jun 2013: Trailblazer, Asheville, NC
- Mar 2013: Schooner Adventuress Crew Training, Puget Sound, WA
header photo credit: Shannon Brock